Mathematics Graduate Program
- 2017: Edna Jones and Holly Mandel each won an NSF Graduate Research Fellowship. Incoming student Victoria Chayes won an NDSEG Fellowship.
- 2016: Brayn Ek won a SMART fellowship. Howard Nuer won an NSF Postdoctoral Fellowship.
- 2014: Kelly Spendlove was awarded an NSF Graduate Research Fellowship.
- 2014: Lillian (Katy) Crow-Craig won an NSF Postdoctoral Fellowship.
- 2013: John Kim won an NSF-GRF Fellowship; Lihua Huang won an honorable mention in the NSF-GRF application; (incoming student) William Franks won an NDSEG Fellowship.
- 2012: Siao-Hao Guo won a Taiwan Fellowship
- 2012: Lillian (Katy) Crow-Craig won an honorable mention in the NSF-GRF application.
- 2011: Glen Wilson won an honorable mention in the NSF-GRF application.
- 2010: Wesley Pegden won an NSF Postdoctoral Fellowship.
- 2009: Philip M. Wood won an NSF Postdoctoral Fellowship.
- 2008: Chris Stucchio won an NSF Postdoctoral Fellowship.
- 2007: Vincent Vatter won an NSF Postdoctoral Fellowship.
Recipients of TA Teaching Excellence Awards
*None awarded F00-S02
|Fall 2016||Rachel Levanger and Richard Voepel||Spring 2017|
|Fall 2015||Patrick Devlin, Charles Wolf||Spring 2016||Fei Qi, Howard Nuer|
|Fall 2014||Bud Coulson, Glen Wilson||Spring 2015||Nathaniel Shar, Tien Trinh|
|Fall 2013||Moulik Balasubramanian, Zhan Li||Spring 2014||Sjuvon Chung, Matthew Russell|
|Fall 2012||Kellen Meyers, Ming Xiao||Spring 2013||Shashank Kanade, Arran Hamm|
|Fall 2011||Yusra Naqvi, Chris Sadowski||Spring 2012||Ved Datar, Francesco Fiordalisi|
|Fall 2010||Thomas Tyrrell, Jinwei Yang||Spring 2011||Priyam Patel, Vijay Ravikumar|
|Fall 2009||Wesley Pegden, Humberto Montalvan-Gamez||Spring 2010||David Duncan, Elizabeth Kupin|
|Fall 2008||Sara Blight, Padmini Mukkamala||Spring 2009||Gabriel Bouch, Daniel Staley|
|Fall 2007||Andrew Baxter, Leigh Cobbs||Spring 2008||John Bryk, Brent Young|
|Fall 2006||Jared Speck, Thotsaporn Thanatipanonda||Spring 2007||Shiting (Ellen) Bao, Colleen Duffy|
|Fall 2005||Ben Bunting, Scott Schneider||Spring 2006||Lara Pudwell, Eric Rowland|
|Fall 2004||Ben Bunting, Brian Manning||Spring 2005||Ben Kennedy, Ian Levitt|
|Fall 2003||Derek Hansen, Sasa Radomirovic||Spring 2004||Brian Lins, Jason Tedor|
|Fall 2002||Laura Ciobanu||Spring 2003||Michael Weingart|
|Fall 1999||Brian Ingalls, Ryan Martin||Spring 2000||Klay Kruczek, David Nacin|
|Fall 1998||Cyril Coumerbatch, Paul Dreyer||Spring 1999||Amy Stern, Steven Warner|
|Fall 1997||Thomas Bullock, Tor Gunston||Spring 1998||Jim Dare, Rebecca Hickling|
|Fall 1996||Terri Girardi, Luca Mauri||Spring 1997||Ka Luen Cheung, Pirkko Kuusela|
Award recipients get a certificate and USD 200.
Recipients of Pizza Seminar Awards
|Fall 2016||Patrick Devlin||Spring 2017||Erik De Amorim|
|Fall 2015||Patrick Devlin||Spring 2016||Nathan Fox, Yonah Biers-Ariel|
|Fall 2014||Erik De Amorim||Spring 2015||Pedro Pontes|
|Fall 2013||Patrick Devlin, Nathaniel Shar, Richard Voepel||Spring 2014||Matthew Russell|
|Fall 2012||Jake Baron||Spring 2013||Sjuvon Chung|
|Fall 2011||Doug Schultz||Spring 2012||Jake Baron, Bence Borda|
|Fall 2010||Jay Williams, Michael deFreitas||Spring 2011||Justin Bush|
|Fall 2009||Daniel Staley||Spring 2010||Brian Thompson|
|Fall 2008||Scott Schneider||Spring 2009||Philip Matchett Wood, Elizabeth Kupin|
|Fall 2007||Wesley Pegden, Jay Williams||Spring 2008||Dan Staley|
|Fall 2006||Phil Matchett Wood||Spring 2007||Dan Staley|
|Fall 2005||Lara Pudwell||Spring 2006||Phil Matchett Wood|
|Fall 2004||Nick Weininger||Spring 2005||Jared Speck|
|Fall 2003||Paul Ellis||Spring 2004||Matt Young|
|Fall 2002||Michael Weingart||Spring 2003||Jason Tedor|
|Fall 2001||David Galvin||Spring 2002||Jason Tedor|
|Fall 2000||Waldeck Schötzer||Spring 2001||David Galvin|
|Fall 1999||John Cain||Spring 2000||Yuka Taylor|
|Fall 1998||Harri Ojanen||Spring 1999||Amy Stern|
Award recipients get a prize of USD 50. Winners are selected by a vote of their fellow graduate students.
Recipients of Academic Excellence Awards
|Fall 2016||Holly Mandel||Spring 2017||George Hauser, Xiaoping Zhu|
|Fall 2015||Abigail Raz, Keith Frankston||Spring 2016||Jeaheang Bang, Yukun Yao|
|Fall 2014||Jianxiang Gao, Jing Gong||Spring 2015||Erik de Amorim, Matthew Welsh|
|Fall 2013||Pedro Pontes||Spring 2014||Matthew Charnley, William Cole Franks|
|Fall 2012||Ross Berkowitz, Edmund Karasiewicz||Spring 2013||Jiayin Pan, Fei Qi|
|Fall 2011||Bence Borda, Glen Wilson||Spring 2012||John Kim, Vladimir Lubyshev, Douglass Schultz, Thomas Sznigir|
Award recipients get a prize of USD 100. Winners are selected based on performance on the written qualifying exam.
- Rutgers Presidential Award
- School of Arts and Sciences Award for Distinguished Contributions to Undergraduate Education as a Teaching Assistant:
- 2007: Lara Pudwell
- 2008: Paul Raff
- 2009: Andrew Baxter
- Dean's Award for Excellence in Research from the Graduate School (certificate and check):
- 2001: Clifford Smyth (Ph.D. received in 2001)
- 2002: Juan Davila (Ph.D. received in 2002)
- 2004: Augusto Ponce (Ph.D. received in 2005)
- 2008: Thotsaporn Thanatipanonda (Ph.D. received in 2008)
- 2009: Luc Nguyen (Ph.D. received in 2009)
- 2012: Tianling Jin and Camelia Pop (Ph.D. received in 2012)
- Dean's Award for Excellence in Teaching by a Graduate Student from the Graduate School
- 2014-5: Kellen Myers (Ph.D. received in 2015)
- Bevier University Fellowship (For advanced students writing their Ph.D. dissertation):
- 2003-4: Matt Young
- 2004-5: Aaron Lauve
- 2005-6: Qinian Jin
- 2006-7: Chris Stucchio
- 2008-9: Luc Nguyen
- 2011-12: Tianling Jin
- 2013-14: Zahra Aminizare
- FAS Award for Distinguished Contributions to Undergraduate Education (certificate and check)
- 2001: Amy Stern received this award in 2001
Awards received by alumni
- 2016: Jared Speck was awarded a Rutgers 250 Fellow
- 2014: Lara Pudwell won an MMA Henry L. Alder Award.
- 2012: Daniel Kling receives a Thomas Alva Edison Patent Award
- 2011: Roman Holowinsky and Xiaoqing Li each won an A.P. Sloan fellowship.
- 2011: Roman Holowinsky won the SASTRA Ramunujan Prize.
- 2007: Zoltan Szabo won the Oswald Veblen prize (with Peter Ozsvath).
- 1998: David Reimer won the Polya Prize.
- 1997: Jeong Han Kim won the Fulkerson prize.