General Information (Catalog listing)
01:640:454 Combinatorics (3)
Existence and enumeration of designs and patterns such as codes, graphs, and block designs, and extremal problems related to such objects. Emphasis on applications to computer, biological, physical, and social problems.
Prerequisites: CALC2 and 01:640:250.
Textbook: For current textbook please refer to our Master Textbook List page
Syllabus set by Instructor
Sample syllabus: Fall 2011 Prof. Weibel
Taught in Summer and Fall semesters.
For more information on instructors and sections for Fall 2017, please see our Fall 2017 Teaching Schedule Page
For more information on instructors and sections for this course for other semesters, please see our Teaching Schedule Page
- Fall 2011: Prof. Weibel (Roberts/Tesman)
- Fall 2010: Prof. Beck.
- Fall 2009: Prof. Beck.
- Summer 2009: Paul Raff (Roberts/Tesman)
- Fall 2008: Prof. Beck (Roberts/Tesman)
- Summer 2008, Paul Ellis (Roberts/Tesman)
- Fall 2007, Prof. Bumby (Roberts/Tesman)
- Summer 2007, Michael Weingart (Roberts/Tesman)
- Fall 2006, Prof. Beck. Using Brualdi
- Fall 2005, Prof. Cherlin. Using Roberts/Tesman