Positions submitted with conference registration forms or sent via
email will be posted and displayed here and will also be included in
the conference program given out at the conference registration desk.
If you no longer are looking for a
position or the position you requested to be posted has since been
filled, please email email@example.com
LISTING OF THOSE SEEKING A POSITION
- Razvan Chereji,
Seeking a postdoctoral position in theoretical Biophysics. PhD in
Physics expected in May 2013. My thesis work is on statistical
mechanics of DNA. Please see my CV and my publications here: http://www.physics.rutgers.edu/~rchereji/
- Braden Brinkman, firstname.lastname@example.org. Physics Ph.D. graduating this spring, seeking postdoctoral position starting fall 2013. Research interests include applications of statistical mechanics and the theory of critical phenomena to non-equilibrium systems, with particular interest in applications to neuroscience and other biophysical problems. Previous research projects include analysis of models of earthquake statistics, neuronal firing statistics and disordered magnets.
- Valdemar Moratto, email@example.com. Seeking a postdoctoral position. I have experience in Linear
Irreversible Thermodynamics and Kinetic Theory for relativistic
gases. I will obtain my PhD in Physics this spring 2013. I would like
to start the postdoc position this fall 2013. I have the possibility
of obtaining a scholarship from my country. For more information
please see my publications here: http://xxx.lanl.gov/find/cond-mat/1/a\
- Ajay Chandra, firstname.lastname@example.org. Seeking a postdoctoral position,
Ph.D in Mathematics expected May 2014. My research background up to
this point has been in rigorous RG analysis in the context of critical
phenomena in statistical mechanics and Quantum Field Theory. I am
studying under Abdelmalek Abdesselam at the University of Virginia. My
CV and research statement can be found at http://people.virginia.edu/~\
- Linjun Li, email@example.com.
Currently a final year PhD student
working on non-equilibrium statistical physics in Prof. Michel
Pleimling's group at Virginia Tech. On completion of my PhD program in
May 2014, I'm now actively seeking for a postdoctoral position in the
field of statistical physics, computational condensed matter physics,
or other interdisciplinary researches that require a quantitative
background. My academic experience (including my CV) can be found in
my homepage: http://www.phys.vt.edu/~linjunli/.
LISTING OF AVAILABLE POSITIONS
- We have a number of post-doctoral positions available at the University of Bristol in theoretical aspects of quantum information and foundations of quantum mechanics. The positions will be either in the School of Physics (Sandu Popescu and Tony Short) or Mathematics (Noah Linden). The positions are for two years and the closing date is 16th March 2014. More information and details on how to apply can be found at here
- Find University jobs in Astronomy and Astrophysics, Physics -
General, and other related areas Academic Keys.
- Postdoctoral position in computational neuroscience available in
te group of Rava Azeredo da Silveira at ENS, Paris. To apply, please
send a letter of motivation and statement of
research, a curriculum vitae, a list of publication, and arrange for
three letters of recommendations to be sent, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reviewing
of the applications will start on 25 November 2013.
- Academic position on Complex Systems at Ecole des Ponts
ParisTech. Ecole des Ponts ParisTech opens therefore an academic
position to contribute to the development of a training and research
platform on complex systems (Sys.Com@ENPC), whose first stage
corresponds to this UNIT project. For complete position details and
how to apply click HERE.
- A postdoctoral position is available for an initial appointment of
one year, renewable for a second year, to work on phase transitions in
equilibrium and non-equilibrium. This involves the application of
statistical mechanics to complex problems in biological systems.
Possible projects include the self-assembly of proteins and related
systems (e.g. Janus colloidal particles) in solution. These problems
typically involve liquid-liquid phase separation (e.g. antibodies in
solution), gel formation, and a variety of crystallization phenomena.
The kinetics often involve metastable and/or unstable states. A
strong computational background is helpful. Interested parties should
contact Professor Jim Gunton at the Physics Department of Lehigh
- Postdoctoral opening in the Trivedi group at the Ohio State
University posted under "Classifieds" on the ICAM website and pass
this on to anyone you believe may be interested.
You'll find the link to ICAM "Classifieds" in a light-gray rectangle
in the lower-right area of the ICAM website. http://icam-i2cam.org
- Postdoctoral opening at the Laboratoire de Physique des Solides,
Universite Paris Sud, France posted under "Classifieds" on the ICAM
website. You'll find the link to the ICAM "Classifieds" in a light
grey rectangle in the lower-right area of the ICAM website - http://icam-i2cam.org
- Postdoctoral position available at Harvard University. For more
information see: http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~topdownsynthbio.
Contact Fred Cooper, email@example.com.
- Opening for 2 post-doc positions here at the National Institute for
Theoretical Physics in Stellenbosch, South Africa. We are looking for
candidates with a background in Condensed Matter and Statistical
Physics. I would be very grateful if you could forward the attached
advertisement to interested individuals. See also
http://nithep.ac.za/481.htm. Review of the applications will begin
after 30 May 2013 and will continue until the positions are filled.
- Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics is inviting
applications for Postdoctoral Research positions. Perimeter Institute offers a dynamic, multi-disciplinary
environment with maximum research freedom and opportunity to
collaborate. We encourage all candidates to apply by November 15, but
applications will be considered until all positions are filled. Please
note: the Committee will begin reviewing applications on November 1,
2013. For more information please visit: https://www.perimeterinstitute.ca/2014-postdoctoral-fellowship
Ph.D. candidates in Materials Science, Chemistry, Chemical
Engineering, Physics, Electrical Engineering or related fields are
encouraged to apply. Criteria for selection include: a strong academic
record, demonstrated experimental and data analysis expertise,
superior critical thinking skills, an ability to drive and take
responsibility for projects and a solid peer-reviewed publication
record. Experience using and maintaining scientific equipment is
preferred. Semiconductor processing experience is not mandatory.
Openings are immediately available at Intel.s primary development
facility (Ronler Acres) located ~10 miles west of Portland, OR. Please
see a more detailed job description included below.
Interested candidates should email resumes with subject line "Intel
Corporation Hiring" to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kyle Osberg, PhD
PTD Module Engineer