- 2007: Vincent Vatter won an NSF Postdoctoral Fellowship.
- 2008: Chris Stucchio won an NSF Postdoctoral Fellowship.
- 2009: Philip M. Wood won an NSF Postdoctoral Fellowship.
- 2010: Wesley Pegden won an NSF Postdoctoral Fellowship.
- 2011: Glen Wilson won an honorable mention in the NSF-GRF application.
- 2012: Lillian (Katy) Crow Craig won an honorable mention in the NSF-GRF application.
- 2013: John Kim won an NSF-GRF Fellowship; Lihua Huang won an honorable mention in the NSF-GRF application; (incoming student) William Franks won an NDSEG Fellowship.
Recipients of TA Teaching Excellence Awards
|Fall 2011||Yusra Naqvi, Chris Sadowski||Spring 2012||Ved Datar, Francesco Fiordalisi|
|Fall 2010||Thomas Tyrrell, Jinwei Yang||Spring 2011||Priyam Patel, Vijay Ravikumar|
|Fall 2009||Wesley Pegden, Humberto Montalvan-Gamez||Spring 2010||David Duncan, Elizabeth Kupin|
|Fall 2008||Sara Blight, Padmini Mukkamala||Spring 2009||Gabriel Bouch, Daniel Staley|
|Fall 2007||Andrew Baxter, Leigh Cobbs||Spring 2008||John Bryk, Brent Young|
|Fall 2006||Jared Speck, Thotsaporn Thanatipanonda||Spring 2007||Shiting (Ellen) Bao, Colleen Duffy|
|Fall 2005||Ben Bunting, Scott Schneider||Spring 2006||Lara Pudwell, Eric Rowland|
|Fall 2004||Ben Bunting, Brian Manning||Spring 2005||Ben Kennedy, Ian Levitt|
|Fall 2003||Derek Hansen, Sasa Radomirovic||Spring 2004||Brian Lins, Jason Tedor|
|Fall 2002||Laura Ciobanu||Spring 2003||Michael Weingart|
|Fall 1999||Brian Ingalls, Ryan Martin||Spring 2000||Klay Kruczek, David Nacin|
|Fall 1998||Cyril Coumerbatch, Paul Dreyer||Spring 1999||Amy Stern, Steven Warner|
|Fall 1997||Thomas Bullock, Tor Gunston||Spring 1998||Jim Dare, Rebecca Hickling|
|Fall 1996||Terri Girardi, Luca Mauri||Spring 1997||Ka Luen Cheung, Pirkko Kuusela|
Award recipients get a certificate and $200.
Recipients of Pizza Seminar Awards
|Fall 2011||Doug Schultz||Spring 2012||Jake Baron, Bence Borda|
|Fall 2010||Jay Williams, Michael deFreitas||Spring 2011||Justin Bush|
|Fall 2009||Daniel Staley||Spring 2010||Brian Thompson|
|Fall 2008||Scott Schneider||Spring 2009||Philip Matchett Wood, Elizabeth Kupin|
|Fall 2007||Wesley Pegden, Jay Williams||Spring 2008||Dan Staley|
|Fall 2006||Phil Matchett Wood||Spring 2007||Dan Staley|
|Fall 2005||Lara Pudwell||Spring 2006||Phil Matchett Wood|
|Fall 2004||Nick Weininger||Spring 2005||Jared Speck|
|Fall 2003||Paul Ellis||Spring 2004||Matt Young|
|Fall 2002||Michael Weingart||Spring 2003||Jason Tedor|
|Fall 2001||David Galvin||Spring 2002||Jason Tedor|
|Fall 2000||Waldeck Schötzer||Spring 2001||David Galvin|
|Fall 1999||John Cain||Spring 2000||Yuka Taylor|
|Fall 1998||Harri Ojanen||Spring 1999||Amy Stern|
Award recipients get a prize of $50. Winners are selected by a vote of their fellow graduate students.
Recipients of Academic Excellence Awards
|Fall 2011||Bence Borda, Glen Wilson||Spring 2012||John Kim, Vladimir Lubyshev, Douglass Schultz, Thomas Sznigir|
|Fall 2012||Ross Berkowitz, Edmund Karasiewicz||Spring 2013||Jiayin Pan, Fei Qi|
Award recipients get a prize of $100. Winners are selected based on performance on the written qualifying exam.
- School of Arts and Sciences Award for Distinguished Contributions to Undergraduate Education as a Teaching Assistant:
- Dean's Award for Excellence in Research from the Graduate School
(certificate and check):
- 2001: Clifford Smyth (Ph.D. received in 2001)
2002: Juan Davila (Ph.D. received in 2002)
2004: Augusto Ponce (Ph.D. received in 2005)
2008: Thotsaporn Thanatipanonda (Ph.D. received in 2008)
2009: Luc Nguyen (Ph.D. received in 2009)
2012: Tianling Jin and Camelia Pop (Ph.D. received in 2012)
- Bevier University Fellowship (For advanced students writing their Ph.D. dissertation):
- FAS Award for Distinguished Contributions to
Undergraduate Education (certificate and check)
- 2001: Amy Stern
Awards received by alumni
- 2012: Daniel Kling receives a Thomas Alva Edison Patent Award
- 2011: Roman Holowinsky and Xiaoqing Li each won an A.P. Sloan fellowship.
- 2011: Roman Holowinsky won the SASTRA Ramunujan Prize.
- 1998: David Reimer won the Polya Prize.
- 1997: Jeong Han Kim won the Fulkerson prize.