Personnel Planning and Policy Committee
The Personnel Planning and Policy Committee is an elected committee whose main responsibilities are to plan for the development of the mathematics faculty and to implement this by organizing and coordinating procedures for new personnel appointments.
|M. Vogelius||Department Chair||ex officio|
|R. Wilson||Undergraduate Vice-Chair||ex officio|
|Z-C. Han||Graduate Vice-Chair||ex officio|
|G. Cherlin||L. Borisov||Algebra/Logic||until Fall 2013|
|E. Carlen||X. Huang||Analysis||until Fall 2013|
|J. Lebowitz||H. Sussmann||Applied Mathematics||until Fall 2013|
|C. Woodward||S. Ferry||Geometry/Topology/Lie Theory||until Fall 2013|
|S. Miller||At-Large||until Fall 2014|
Alternate Members will serve when the primary member is unavailable or is on leave.
Area members serve until new elections in the Fall of odd-numbered years.
At-Large members serve until new elections in the Fall of even-numbered years.
The Graduate Committee is an elected committee which has the responsibility for the administration of the graduate program in mathematics and the implementation of policies of the Department.
|Z. Han||Vice-Chair for the Graduate Program||ex officio|
|J. Lepowsky||L. Borisov||Algebra/Logic||until Fall 2014|
|Y. Li||R. Goodman||Analysis||until Fall 2014|
|K. Mischaikow||E. Speer||Applied Mathematics||until Fall 2014|
|F. Luo||J. Song||Geometry/Topology||until Fall 2014|
|R. Tumulka||Director of Professional Development||ex officio|
|K. Mischaikow||At-Large||until Fall 2013|
Alternates will serve when primary members are unavailable.
Area members serve until new elections in the Fall of even-numbered years.
At-Large members serve until new elections in the Fall of odd-numbered years.
The Undergraduate Committee has two members elected for two-year terms, and two members appointed annually by the Vice-Chair for the Undergraduate Program. It has the responsibility to assist and advise the Vice-Chair in the administration of the undergraduate program in mathematics and in the implementation of policies of the Department.
|J. Tunnell||Vice-Chair for the Undergraduate Program||ex officio|
|T. Butler, V. Scheffer||Head, Transfer Advisor||ex officio|
|L. Hirsch||Director of Basic Skills Program||ex officio|
|S. Greenfield, M. Weingart||Elected 2010||expires 2012|
|D. Zeilberger, S. Thomas||Appointed 2010||expires 2011|
A. Cohen & E. Speer are alternates.
Alternates will serve when primary members are unavailable.
For positions marked ** below, the list of people is tentative or incomplete.
General Department Service Activities
- Chair: M. Vogelius
- Director of the Center for Mathematical Sciences Research: J. Lebowitz
- Director of the Center for Non-Linear Analysis: Y. Li
- Director/Associate Director of the Rutgers Center for Systems and Control (SYCON): E. Sontag / H. Sussmann
- BioMaPS Steering Committee Member: K. Mischaikow
- Director for New Faculty Appointments: R. Nussbaum
- Colloquium Chairs: L. Carbone, A. Buch
- Library Committee: M. Kiessling, J. Lepowsky
- Lewis Lectures Committee: H. Sussmann, M. Vogelius, C. Woodward
- D'Atri Lectures Committee: A. Bahri, S. Gindikin, Y. Li
- New Brunswick Faculty Council Representative: Y. Li
- Peer Evaluation Committee: R. Falk, R. Wheeden, R. Wilson
- Computer Committee: R. Falk, K. Myers, P. Feehan, G. Cherlin, R. Hynes, M. Saks
- Department Newsletter: T. Butler
- Committee on Research Grants (advice on proposals): F. Luo, K. Mischaikow, E. Sontag, W. Vasconcelos, M. Vogelius
- Wolfson Memorial Fund Committee: R. Goodman, T. Butler
Graduate Program Service Activities
- Vice-Chair for the Graduate Program: Z. Han
- Director for Professional Development of Graduate Students: R. Tumulka
- Director of Master's Program in Mathematical Finance: P. Feehan
- Graduate Admissions Committee: For 2012: J. Lepowsky (chair), other members TBA
- Graduate Support Committee:
- Written Qualifying Exams Committee Chair: R. Lyons
- Foreign Language Proficiency Examiners:
- French: G. Cherlin, R. Gundy, C. Weibel, D. Zeilberger, E. Carlen
- German: G. Cherlin, M. Kiessling, C. Weibel, E. Carlen
- Russian: S. Gindikin, V. Retakh, C. Weibel
- Graduate Student--Faculty Liaison Committee: a group that maintains student evaluations of graduate courses, offers advice in matters of concern to graduate students, and generally eases the process of communication between faculty and graduate students.
- Faculty: L. Carbone, D. Ocone, M. Saks, J. Song, C. Weibel
- Graduate Students: Ed Chien, Katy Crow, Moulik Kallupalan, Kellen Myers, Priyam Patel, Glen Wilson
- Mentoring committee (for Ph.D. students entering F 10): R. Goodman, D. Ocone, F. Luo, S. Tahvildar-Zadeh, R. Tumulka, S. Miller
- Mentoring committee (for Ph.D. students entering F 11): A. Buch, E. Carlen, X. Huang, Y. Huang, M. Saks, D. Zeilberger
- TA Training Coordinator: T. Butler, A. Cohen (assistant)
- Graduate Summer Internship Coordinator: E. Sontag
- Committee on Training Grants: C. Woodward, E. Carlen, K. Mischaikow, J. Lepowsky, Z. Han (ex officio)
Undergraduate Program Service Activities
- Vice-Chair for the Undergraduate Program: J. Tunnell
- Head Undergraduate Advisor: T. Butler
- Summer Advisor (2010): V. Scheffer
- Director of Basic Skills Program and Precalculus: L. Hirsch
- Undergraduate Course Scheduling Committee: J. Tunnell
- Ombudsman: T. Balaban
- Peer Mentor Coordinator: S. Goldstein
- Course Coordinators:
- Math 103: M. Weingart
- Math 135 (fall): S. Ferry, Math 135 (spring): S. Ferry
- Math 151 (fall): V. Scheffer, 151 (spring): To Be Announced
- Math 152 (fall): D. Hart, 152 (spring): V. Scheffer
- Liaison Committee for Mathematics Department Service Courses: E. Sontag
- Putnam exam team advisors: M. Saks, A. Buch
- Mathematical Careers and Ideas: E. Carrington
- Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU): J. Komlós
- Actuarial advisor: D. Ocone
- Mathematics Major brochure: E. Carrington
- Committee on Honors and Prizes: S. Thomas (head), E. Carrington, J. Tunnell, J. Komlós, S. Sahi, M. Saks.