Photo Credit: Christie Debernardis
Ph.D. in Math from Rutgers
Currently an Lecturer at Penn State University (PSU website currently under construction)
Email: baxter [at] math [dot] psu [dot] edu
Curriculum Vita (Last Updated: November 23, 2013)
Pennsylvania State University, University Park:
Click on a semester to get the teaching evaluations for that semester.
- Math 140: Calculus I for Math and Science Majors
- Math 035: General View of Mathematics
- Math 310: Elementary Combinatorics
- Math 471: Geometry for Future Teachers
A summary of my teaching evaluations at Rutgers.
- Math 454: Combinatorics
- Math 251: Multivariable Calculus:
- Math 151: Calculus for Mathematical and Physical Sciences
- Math 152: Calculus II for Mathematical and Physical Sciences
- Math 103: Topics in Mathematics for Liberal Arts Majors:
- Math 112: Precalculus II
(Reverse chronological order)
- Refining enumeration schemes to count according to permutation statistics.
To appear in the Electronic Journal of Combinatorics. Presented at Permutation Patterns 2013.
- Shape-Wilf-equivalences for vincular patterns.
Advances in Applied Mathematics. Volume 50, Number 5. 2013. Also available on ArXiv.org.
- Automatic generation of theorems and proofs on enumerating consecutive-Wilf classes.
With Brian Nakamura and Doron Zeilberger.
Presented at Waterloo Workshop in Computer Algebra 2011, W80
Appeared in "Advances in Combinatorics: Waterloo Workshop in Computer Algebra, W80, May 26-29, 2011", (edited by Ilias Kotsireas and Eugene Zima), 121-138.
- Enumeration schemes for vincular patterns.
With Lara Pudwell.
Discrete Mathematics. Volume 312 (10). 2012. 1699-1712.
- Pattern avoidance by even permutations.
With Aaron D. Jaggard.
Electronic Journal of Combinatorics. Volume 18(2). (2011).
- Algorithms for Permutation Statistics
Ph.D. Thesis. May 2011.
- The number of inversions and the major index of permutations are asymptotically joint-independently normal.
With Doron Zeilberger.
Personal Journal of Shalosh B. Ekhad and Doron Zeilberger. February 2011.
- Refining enumeration schemes to count according to the inversion number.
Pure Mathematics and Applications. Volume 21. Issue No. 2. (2010).
- Applying the cluster method to count occurences of generalized permutation patterns.
Difference Equations and Applications Vol. 17 (2011), no. 5, 709--720.
- Periodic orbits for billiards on an equilateral triangle.
With Ron Umble.
Amer. Math. Monthly Vol. 115 (2008), no. 6, 479--491.
In preparation and Submitted
- Jonathan Eskreis-Winkler. Rutgers REU. Summer 2011.
- Ethan McCarthy. Rutgers REU. Summer 2011.
- Ross Nycum. PSU. Spring 2013.
I have refereed publications for the following journals: American Math Monthly, Math Magazine, European Journal of Combinatorics, Discrete Mathematics
Seminars Previously co-organized at Rutgers
Experimental Mathematics Seminar
Mathematics Teaching Seminar