Math 350 is one of two courses most mathematics majors may take to satisfy the upper-level algebra requirement. The other is Math 351.
01:640:350 Linear Algebra (3)
Continuation of 01:640:250. Abstract vector spaces and linear transformations, inner product spaces, diagonalization, and canonical forms. Possible additional topics: systems of ordinary differential equations and numerical techniques.
- Math 250, Introductory Linear Algebra
- and Math 300, Mathematical Reasoning
- and Math 244, or Math 252, or Math 292, Differential Equations
Textbook: For current textbook please refer to our Master Textbook List page
- Chapters: 1-2 Vector Spaces and Linear Transformations
- Exam 1 (second week of October)
- Chapters 3-5: Systems of Equations, Determinants, Eigenvectors
- Exam 2 (third week in November)
- Chapter 7: Jordan Canonical Form