Students who have taken the math placement exam can see the result in Degree Navigator under Requirements:Quantitative Skills:Type GE. These codes are:
- MA:640:CMP Computational mathematics: sections of 025 with 001 as co-requisite
- MA:640:EAL Elementary Algebra (Math 025)
- MA:640:IAL Intermediate Algebra (Math 026)
- MA:640:IMA Intermediate Mathematics (Math 026 or Math 103, 106, or 107)
- MA:640:CMA College mathematics (Math 111 or Math 104)
- MA:640:PCA Pre-calculus (Math 115 or the Math 111-112 sequence)
- MA:640:CLG Calculus 135. See an advisor if Math 151 is needed
- MA:640:CLS Calculus (135 or 151).
- MA:640:RTS Undetermined placement requiring secondary on-campus assessment. (See below.)
On-Site Placement Test
The RTS result indicates an undetermined placement requiring secondary on-campus assessment. The online math placement test is just one part of the formula used to place you into the correct math level for your skills. If you received a math placement of RTS, then the test was unable to determine your exact level.
To schedule a date to take the on-campus math assessment, send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
Name, NetID, RUID, Email address, Phone number
Delaying this additional testing may delay your course scheduling, so please complete testing as soon as possible.
Note: Newark Placement Codes
As of 2007 the Newark math placement results cannot be translated to New Brunswick placement results. Students who have taken the placement test at Newark, but have not taken mathematics at Newark, need to take the New Brunswick placement test if they wish to take their first mathematics course in New Brunswick.