Seminars & Colloquia Calendar
A Liouville Theorem for Weak Beltrami Flows
Jeaheang Bang, Rutgers University
Location: This talk will be held virtually on WebEx. https://rutgers.webex.com/rutgers/j.php?MTID=m3cd0c939b5693503d0bdf1aa9410b8a
Date & time: Tuesday, 07 April 2020 at 1:40PM - 3:40PM
Abstract: This is an expository talk about the work of Dongho Chae and Jörg Wolf in 2016. They established a Liouville theorem for weak Beltrami flows in three dimensional Euclidean space. The sufficient condition that they impose in order to ensure the triviality of such flows is that some sort of tangential part of the flow decays at infinity in some weak sense (with no assumption on the normal part). This theorem is a generalization of all the known results of this problem. The main idea is to test the Euler equations against some simple vector fields over a ball and over an annulus.
How to join the meeting
1. click on the link above.
2. click on ‘Download it now’ at the very bottom of the page of the link to install the WebEx app on your computer.
3. open the install file and install it on your computer. (If you have troubles in step 2 and 3, you can go to https://www.webex.com/downloads.html/ and download WebEx Meetings (not WebEx Teams).)
4. Once you install the app on your computer, click the meeting link again to join the meeting.
5. The WebEx app will show up and ask about your name and e-mail address (once the meeting has started). You can put in your information and join the meeting. (This is not a registration.)
6. While joining the meeting, it might ask you for access to your camera or microphone. You can allow access to your microphone to speak and ask questions during meetings. (You can allow access to your camera when you are a speaker.)
7. Once you join the meeting, you can unmute/mute yourself at the bottom of the app window in order to ask questions.
There are two things that you need to do now or ahead of time before the meeting in order to join the meeting smoothly.
1. Install the WebEx app on your computer. Follow the first three steps above.
2. Sign up to WebEx. Go to https://webex.rutgers.edu/. Click on Sign Up. Sign in with your NetID. Mark Rutgers WebEx and click on ‘Activate Services’ at the bottom. This activation process might take up to an hour. So after an hour, you can go back to https://webex.rutgers.edu/ and log in with your NetId to check whether it has been activated.(Registration is usually not required to join a WebEx meeting.)
Chiara Damiolini, Ian Coley and Franco Rota -Charles Weibel Organizer's Page
Wujun Zhang Organizer's webpage
Ziming Shi, Sagun Chanillo, Xiaojun Huang, Chi Li, Jian Song Seminar website Old seminar website
Swastik Kopparty, Sepehr Assadi Seminar webpage
Jeffry Kahn, Bhargav Narayanan, Jinyoung Park Organizer's webpage
Brooke Ogrodnik, Website
Robert Dougherty-Bliss and Doron Zeilberger --> homepage
Paul Feehan, Daniel Ketover, Natasa Sesum Organizer's webpage
Lev Borisov, Emanuel Diaconescu, Angela Gibney, Nicolas Tarasca, and Chris Woodward Organizer's webpage
Jason Saied Seminar webpage
Brian Pinsky, Rashmika Goswami website
Quentin Dubroff Organizer's webpage
James Holland; Organizer website
Edna Jones Organizer's webpage
Brooke Ogrodnik website
Yanyan Li, Zheng-Chao Han, Jian Song, Natasa Sesum Organizer's Webpage
Organizer: Luochen Zhao
Yanyan Li, Zheng-Chao Han, Natasa Sesum, Jian Song Organizer's Page
Lisa Carbone, Yi-Zhi Huang, James Lepowsky, Siddhartha Sahi Organizer's webpage
Simon Thomas website
Kasper Larsen, Daniel Ocone and Kim Weston Organizer's page
Joel Lebowitz, Michael Kiessling
Yanyan Li, Haim Brezis Organizer's Webpage
Stephen D. Miller, John C. Miller, Alex V. Kontorovich, Alex Walker seminar website
Stephen D. Miller
Brooke Ogrodnik, Website
Organizers: Yanyan Li, Z.C. Han, Jian Song, Natasa Sesum
Yael Davidov Seminar webpage
Kristen Hendricks, Xiaochun Rong, Hongbin Sun, Chenxi Wu Organizer's page
Fioralba Cakoni Seminar webpage
Ebru Toprak, Organizer
- Show events from all categories
Special Note to All Travelers
Directions: map and driving directions. If you need information on public transportation, you may want to check the New Jersey Transit page.
Unfortunately, cancellations do occur from time to time. Feel free to call our department: 848-445-6969 before embarking on your journey. Thank you.