Seminars & Colloquia Calendar
A Liouville Theorem for Weak Beltrami Flows
Jeaheang Bang, Rutgers University
Location: This talk will be held virtually on WebEx. https://rutgers.webex.com/rutgers/j.php?MTID=m3cd0c939b5693503d0bdf1aa9410b8a
Date & time: Tuesday, 07 April 2020 at 1:40PM - 3:40PM
Abstract: This is an expository talk about the work of Dongho Chae and Jörg Wolf in 2016. They established a Liouville theorem for weak Beltrami flows in three dimensional Euclidean space. The sufficient condition that they impose in order to ensure the triviality of such flows is that some sort of tangential part of the flow decays at infinity in some weak sense (with no assumption on the normal part). This theorem is a generalization of all the known results of this problem. The main idea is to test the Euler equations against some simple vector fields over a ball and over an annulus.
How to join the meeting
1. click on the link above.
2. click on ‘Download it now’ at the very bottom of the page of the link to install the WebEx app on your computer.
3. open the install file and install it on your computer. (If you have troubles in step 2 and 3, you can go to https://www.webex.com/downloads.html/ and download WebEx Meetings (not WebEx Teams).)
4. Once you install the app on your computer, click the meeting link again to join the meeting.
5. The WebEx app will show up and ask about your name and e-mail address (once the meeting has started). You can put in your information and join the meeting. (This is not a registration.)
6. While joining the meeting, it might ask you for access to your camera or microphone. You can allow access to your microphone to speak and ask questions during meetings. (You can allow access to your camera when you are a speaker.)
7. Once you join the meeting, you can unmute/mute yourself at the bottom of the app window in order to ask questions.
There are two things that you need to do now or ahead of time before the meeting in order to join the meeting smoothly.
1. Install the WebEx app on your computer. Follow the first three steps above.
2. Sign up to WebEx. Go to https://webex.rutgers.edu/. Click on Sign Up. Sign in with your NetID. Mark Rutgers WebEx and click on ‘Activate Services’ at the bottom. This activation process might take up to an hour. So after an hour, you can go back to https://webex.rutgers.edu/ and log in with your NetId to check whether it has been activated.(Registration is usually not required to join a WebEx meeting.)